Agricultural Pool and Geomembrane sheet
Agricultural water storage pool with geomembrane sheet is a very serious item for farmers due to the amount of cultivation in summer and rainfall in other seasons, and the increasing demand for water and lack of new water resources, the importance of protection for these vital sources are increasing day by day. So if you are in the agricultural industry, read this article carefully by the end …
The Comparison of Geomembrane pool with Traditional Approaches:
For the construction of agricultural pools: The world’s latest technology is the usage of geosynthetic materials, so traditional methods (for example, the usage of concrete and asphalt) are time consuming and inefficient due to the following points:
- Needed a suitable substrate:
- Stabilization: which generally due to the type of bed requires the combination of cement with sand at a weak and sludge level, and this is not economically justified at this level.
- Reinforcement of soil: Due to the prevention of bed subsidence and the ultimate cracking and leakage of asphalt cover, it is necessary to reinforce the bed, which is a large and costly project.
- Increase costs: Cost reduction: Due to current increases in the cost of provided suitable bitumen and asphalt, these prices has been augmented for several times in recent months
- High permeability:High permeability of asphalt, even though it is made with the best materials and in several layers, and will create a completely unsanitary environment for aquatic animals, so to have a completely hygienic environment for aquatic life, the usage of geomembrane is recommended.
- Short life:Maximum life time of asphalt in dry beds does not reach to four years and this life will naturally be reduced under water surfaces, but compared to asphalt, The Geomembrane sheet s have more than 50 years as life time which is related to the characteristics of geomembrane.
- Needed High Implementation time:Performing time: Performing of agricultural pool with geomembrane sheet can be increased to 1000 square meters per day with a team
- High Rate of Leakage:Completely isolated space without any leakage along with step by step confirming and testing and implementing drainage system to determine leakages.
- No warranty:The possibility of using the warranty and insuring the project
Today, agricultural pools or geomembrane pools are used more than concrete , asphalt, bitumen, etc. due to their more economical costs, longer life, and shorter implementation time. Geomembrane is resistant to sunlight and is much more resistant to cold and heat than concrete, so that geomembrane can withstand temperatures up to + 80 ° C and -70 ° C.